Sonia Gandhi become the interim president of Congress Tellyupades.me
August 10, 2019. Congress Working Committee met and it happened, which was the intention of Rahul Gandhi. That is, his resignation was accepted. But he had another intention, which could not be fulfilled. He intended that no man from the Gandhi family would become the president of the Congress. But when the CWC meeting ended and the press conference was held, it was found that the former Congress president Sonia Gandhi has been chosen by the party as its interim president. Until the Congress party chooses its new president, only Sonia Gandhi will remain the president of the Congress.
Now the Congress party will roam all over the country and look for the Congress President. For this, the party has divided the country into five regions for convenience. In five areas, different workers of the Congress Working Committee will work and from every zone, the name of the man eligible for the post of Congress President is being brought forward.
- North-East zone, the part where the party has recently lost its grip. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura are coming to this part. Apart from General Secretaries Ambika Soni and Soni here, Ahmed Patel, Omen Chandi, Harish Rawat, Deepak Babaria, Balasaheb Thorat, Anugraha Narayan Singh, KH Muniyappa, Luizinho Falero, Meera Kumar, Sachin Rao and Arun Yadav will find the face of the president.
- Eastern Zone where Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal and Andaman-Nicobar Islands will come. Here, General Secretary KC Venugopal and National Secretary General Sonia Gandhi, Tarun Gogoi, Kumari Selja, Gaikhangam, Jitendra Singh, RPN Singh, PL Punia, Shakti Singh Gohli, Deepender Hooda, and Sushmita Dev.
- The northern zone includes Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh. Here, along with General Secretary Motilal Vora, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, Avinash Pandey, Tamradhwaj Sahu, Raghuveer Meena, P Chidambaram, Jyotiraditya Scindia, PC Chacko, Asha Kumari, G Sanjeev Reddy, and Rajni Patil are looking for the Presidential candidate.
- Western Zone , which includes Gujarat, Dadar-Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Mumbai, and Rajasthan. Here, Congress President Rahul Gandhi himself, along with Ghulam Nabi Azad as General Secretary, besides Mallikarjun Kharge, Motilal Vora, AK Antony, K Siddaramaiah, A Chella Kumar, Jitin Prasad, Kuldeep Bishanoi, Srinivas Biwi, and Gaurav Gogoi. .
- Southern Zone where States / UTs like Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Lakshadweep and Puducherry come. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Anand Sharma, Mukul Wasnik, Adhir Ranjan Chaudhary, Randeep Surjewala, RC Khuntia, Tariq Ahmed Karra, Lalji Desai, Neeraj Kundan and Rajeev Satav are here.
While releasing his resignation on Twitter, Rahul Gandhi had made it clear that the Congress will now have to find a new president. In the letter, Rahul Gandhi himself had taken responsibility for the defeat in the elections, and also said that other Congress leaders should also understand their responsibility and come forward. This letter was seen like Rahul Gandhi’s Kamaraj Plan that now the Congress will be supported by a new charioteer. There was every possibility that the president of the Congress would now be outside the Gandhi family.
When the meeting started on August 10, Rahul Gandhi was demanded to withdraw his resignation. A demand which is not known how many times have been made in the last one and a half months, and Rahul Gandhi abandoned the idea of withdrawing his resignation this time also. Earlier Rahul Gandhi told the party leaders,
“I am happy that the Congress is under pressure at the moment, and this pressure will work to bring the Congress into action.”
The Congress came into action on August 10, but not so much that it could suggest a name outside the Gandhi family. In the meeting held immediately after Rahul’s resignation, it was cleared that now working committees from different parts of a country will suggest names for the post of president. And when the CWC meeting started, the names of Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi were also included in the working committees. After a while, news came that Sonia and Rahul Gandhi had made it clear that they would not suggest any name in choosing the post of president. Sonia Gandhi told journalists that her and Rahul Gandhi’s name has been erroneously written in the list.
The meeting went on. First in the afternoon of 10 August and then on the night of 10 August. During this time, many names came up as the new president. Among senior leaders, the names of Mukul Wasnik and Sushil Kumar Shinde came up. Milind Deora demanded that either Sachin Pilot or Jyotiraditya Scindia be made the president of Congress. And when there was no result, it was announced at 11 pm on August 10 that Sonia Gandhi would be the working president of the Congress. And with this announcement, the CWC meeting ended.